Monday 7 May 2012

The Flatmates Episode 16-20



Episode 16: A kitchen romance

Michal:  Oh Bronka! I'm so miserable! Alice doesn't want to go out with me.
Helen:    Oh sorry, Michal. Am I interrupting something here?
Michal:  No, no, I'm just pouring my heart out to Bronka.
Helen:    Oh yeah, I found out that Alice gave you a knock-back but it's not the end of the world. There are plenty more fish in the sea you know.
Michal:  Fish? I don't want a fish, I want a date!
Helen:    Well, there's someone right in front of you!
Michal:  You're always too busy studying. You wouldn't go out with a guy like me.
Helen:    Oh wouldn't I? Why don't you ask first!
Michal:  Would you?
Helen:    I'd love to!



Episode 17: Booking tickets*

Agent:   Good morning, London Attractions.
Michal:  I'd like to book two tickets for next week. For River Boat cruise please.
Agent:   OK. When?
Michal:  Next Thuesday.
Agent:   Sorry?
Michal: Thuesday.
Agent:   I'm sorry sir, is that Tuesday the first or Thursday the third?
Michal: Thursday the third.
Agent:   Right, and what time would you like?
Michal:  In an evening.
Agent:   Because it's winter, the last trip is at 7.00. Is that OK?
Michal: Yes thanks.
Agent:  OK, just let me put you on hold for a moment please.
* This episode features competition winner Wesley from Sao Paulo, Brazil as the travel agent.



Episode 18: Emergency

Alice:  Oh it's so quiet tonight! You could hear a pin drop. Gives me a chance to catch up on my reading.
Man:   Quick, quick! Get a doctor!
Alice:  She's just gone for a break. What's the matter?
Man:   I don't know. It's my son. He's stopped breathing.
Alice:  Oh no! Wait a minute, I'll just phone for the doctor.
Man:   There's no time. You have to give him mouth to mouth.
Alice:  But I haven't done it before!
Man:   You haven't done it before?
Alice:   No, not for real. Wait while I find the phone.
Man:    No! No, you must do it now!



Episode 19: Tim's reward

Tim: Hello I'm calling from McCarthy's. I helped you when you were looking at watches the other day.
Customer: Yes?
Tim:   I think I've found something of yours. Have you lost anything?
Customer:   Not that I've noticed. No, nothing seems to be missing.
Tim:   Well, you dropped £150!
Customer:   Really!
Tim:   Yes. Now, how can I return your money?
Customer:   Oh how refreshingly honest! But I think a small reward is in order, don't you?
Tim:     Oh I couldn't.
Customer:   You could. I'm sure you have a pretty young girlfriend who needs to be spoiled.
Tim:    No I don't. I'm single just now.
Customer:   A good looking man like you? I don't believe it!



Episode 20: A date by the river

Helen:   Oh Michal, that river cruise was fantastic.
Michal:  It was lovely seeing all those famous buildings, wasn't it?
Helen:   Yes, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye all looked so impressive in the winter light, didn't they?
Michal: You look lovely in the winter light too you know.
Helen:   Oh Michal, you're so sweet.
Michal:  It's true. You're beautiful Helen.
Helen:   You're quite a hunk yourself, you know.
Michal:  That might be true but suddenly I'm feeling a little sea-sick.
Helen:   You do look a bit green. You're not going to throw up, are you?
Michal: Oh yes, I don't feel well. I think I'm going to be sick.
Helen:   Was it something I said?

0 comments:

Post a Comment