Friday 8 June 2012

The Flatmates Episode 31-35



Episode 31: The photocopier

John:      Hey, Helen, look what I've found on the photocopier - the answers for next
              week's test!
Helen:   The answers? You'd better hand them in to the office.
John:     You're kidding, aren't you? I think you should wise up.
Helen:   What do you mean?
John:     We've both been struggling with the work this term; here's our chance to pass
              with flying colours. If I were you, I 'd make the most of it.
Helen:   What? Cheat? We can't do that!
John:     Why not? Do you want to fail? Your parents won't like it if you do.
Helen:   No, I don't want to fail. But, if we get caught.
John:     We won't get caught. Come on, what do you say?
Helen:   Well, I'm not sure..



Episode 32: Baby talk

Dr.Laver:     Okay, well in this room we monitor the babies overnight. Now, the
                    important thing is to talk to them.
Alice:          Talk to them? What do I say?
Dr.Laver:    Well, watch me. Hello, you are a handsome boy aren't you? You're gorgeous.
                    Now you try. Speak to the baby next to you.
Alice:          Oh, okay. Hello little one! Who's a handsome boy then?
Dr.Laver:     Erm, that's a girl.
Alice:          Oh! Who's a pretty little girl? What a lovely smile! Aren't you lovely?
                    Oh, oh, oh!
Dr.Laver:    Excellent, excellent - you're a natural. You'll make a very good nurse
                   here and a lovely mother one day I'm sure.




Episode 33: The dripping tap

Michal:     Hey Tim, what are you doing?
Tim:          I'm fixing this tap. I can't put up with that drip-drip noise anymore.
Michal:     Have you turned off the water?
Tim:          I told you. That's what I'm working on.
Michal:     I mean the main water supply? Have you cut it off?
Tim:         No, I haven't. Stop worrying and let me get on with this.
Michal:    I don't think you should carry on doing that!
Tim:         It's okay, just one more turn of the spanner.
Michal:    I really think you should stop.
Tim:        Oh, go away Michal. You're putting me off. One more turn and then ...
                aaaaaargh! Oh no! Michal! Help! Stop the water! Aaaaaargh!



Episode 34: Helen to the rescue

Michal:      I told you so!
Tim:          Hurry up, I'm getting soaked!
Helen:       What's going on here? What a mess! Dad'll kill me.
Michal:     It's the water. Tim didn't turn off it before trying to fix the tap.
Helen:       Honestly Tim! You're as thick as two short planks sometimes. Michal, turn
                  the water off. Tim, give me the spanner. I'll soon have this sorted.
Tim:          What shall I do?
Helen:       Get the mop, of course! I want this floor as dry as a bone now! Dad's coming
                  round later to check the flat.
Tim:          Is he?
Tim and Michal:  Oh no!
Helen:       No, I'm just winding you up!



Episode 35: A letter from HR

Tim:             Dear Mr Hunter,
                     Vacancy reference: Assistant manager
                     Further to your application for the above position, I am pleased to be able
                     to invite you to attend an interview.
                     Please report to the HR office on Tuesday 11th March at 1 pm.
                     A job specification is enclosed.
                     If you have any access needs in order to complete your job or be able to
                     attend the interview, please let me know as soon as possible.
                     Finally, it would be most helpful if you could confirm whether or not you
                     will be able to attend.

                     Yours sincerely,
                     Jennifer Smith
                     Recruitment Advisor

Well, Kitty, 'Assistant manager', what do you think of that?

0 comments:

Post a Comment